Sore spot on bottom of jaw bone, pain when opening mouth wide

i have a sore spot on the bottom of the jaw bone on the right side if my face. it comes and goes every few weeks and lasts for around a week. not sore to eat or chew . opening my mouth wide and slight prssure is painfull. there feels to be a slight lump.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
The thing you are able to palpate is a lymphnode. It comes and goes when when it becomes active and inactive due to infection. The exact place of the infection in your mouth has to be searched if it is not obivious. Many a time a sub clinical infection will produce like that feature. You need not be afraid but if it happens frequently please get checked for carries tooth or Tuberculosis etc(list is long).
Hope you find my suggestion useful. Feel free to ask any further questions.
Thanking you
Dr Samir