Sore ribs due to whooping cough. Pain in the lower back. Popping sound from the ribs. Need further tests?

I had whooping cough 3 months ago which lead to sore rib. For the last several days the pain in my lower left back and side under ribs has been extreme. Ive had several xrays that came back negative. Earlier today I coughed and heard a pop sound in my ribs area with the most awful pain. I can hardly breathe, cant walk, sit or lay down. Should I go back to the doctor for additional testing? The pain is more than I can take.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013