Sore reddish ring around the penile foreskin. Painful while retracting. Can this be due to thrush? Canesten prescribed

I have a sore red ring around my foreskin - basically where the outer foreskin meets the hidden foreskin. It is painful when retracted over the helmet and looks sore. The ring is tighter than the rest of the foreskin. My partenr recently had a urinal infection. I had this before a few years when my partner had thrush. The ointment my doctor prescribed (canasten) which made know difference then provided a pill which worked
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012