Sore, red & swollen lump on belly button. Ideas what it can be?

Hello, Yesterday my belly button was sore and I noticed mid morning there was a small little bump a little lighter than my natural skin color. Today that bump is nor swollen and red colored. And it is very sore. My mother is a nurse and I spoke with her. She thought maybe it was a pimple . I messed with it a little and there was no sign of it being a pimple. I DO NOT have a piercing in my belly button. So I know that s not the cause. Any ideas?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012

Thanks for posting question on HCM,
The condition you have described is most probably a furuncle or boil at your navel .take tab augmentin 625 mg tid for 7days also apply Fucidic acid cream bid , put hot compresses twice a day.
Hope this will alleviate your painful condition .
Dr sher bhutto