Sore, red, puss filled boil in stomach, applied antibiotic ointment. Any other medication required?

My husband has a boil under his stomach , or that s what it seems that it is from what I have read. It is sore, red and some puss has came out. I put peroxide on it. After his shower, we have put antibiotic ointment on it and guaze. He has the condition of when he has dental work he has to take an antibiotic, so I often over worry and wonder if he needs antibiotic for this. We have a zpack that was called in for him a month ago that he didn t use, so I was thinking of having him begin it.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012