Sore red line behind knee. Red itchy rash on lower legs. Suggestions to aid recovery?

Hi, I have a sore red line that has appeared behind my knee the line is horizontal across the whole back of my knee. The sore looks and feels a bit like a graze. When this appeared I also had a red itchy rash on my lower legs. This rash has calmed down now, but there is still a few signs remaining. I have recently done an abnormal amount of walking which I think might be the cause, as I am finding that my legs are now stiff and tight, and I do not have the same range of motion I had before when bending. I m sure my legs will recover soon, but is there any advise you can give me to aid my recovery. I am stretching my legs daily and apart from keeping my legs clean I m not to sure what else I can do.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013