Sore, red butthole, hurting. What kind of specialist should i go to?

Hi doctor, my butthole has been sore for a week and half now. Every time I go to the bathroom I have hard time and it hurts a lot to let things go. It is very red and sore. When I walk or sit on it is hurting and very uncomfortable. I want to know what kind of specialist I should go to. Or if I should see family doctor or any other doctor first.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Your symptoms suggest that you could be suffering from a possible tear around the anal orifice. You should see a surgeon and get properly examined. You may need local applications of anesthetic gels, sucralfate creams, laxatives and fiber supplements to soften the stool. Sitz baths can also be helpful if it is a fissure. Modify your diet and include lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and water. Hope you find this information useful. Wish you speedy recovery.