Sore pinky after playing excessively with softball, swelling around joints, redness around knuckle. Bruising?

My daughter plays travel softball. She attended a college hitting camp and they hit for three hours. That evening she wanted to work on pitching and she complained her pinky was sore. We saw some swelling on side of hand and around main joint in her pinky. It is slightly red around the knuckle. The area does not cause her much pain. We rested all week doing ice and ibuprofen . We are now splinting the finger . She pitched a little this weekend and the pain was slight. Do you think she bruised the pinky from batting three hours and from impact or holding bat too tight? Are we okay to work on pitching and hitting?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
It appears theat she had an injury to the pinky, on the side may be unnoticed, there was inflamation, infection, swelling and pain.
I advise you to consult an orthopedic surgeon for diagnosis and treatment. She may need to have an X ray for confirmation.
I usually prescribe to my patient with such symptoms ofloxacin, diclofenac sodium, and paracetamol.
Ask her to take more of green leafy vegetables, pulses, sprouts,and protein rich foods for quick recovery.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.