Sore penis with peeling skin. Worried

hi there my name is Jonah and im 13 y/o
lately i was masterbating and thought i would try using soap (lynx) as i didnt have any lube. I had never tried anything like that before just masterbating alone. ever since i did it the skin on my penis has been peeling loads and it is relly sore. im just wondering how long it will last?? thanks
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Feb 2013
Hi Jonah,

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Some times peeling of superficial skin layers is a normal phenomenon.

But sore skin with excessive loads of peeling skin may be secondary to many causes.

Rubbing of clothing, friction due to frequent masturbation, or an allergic and irritant reaction to a chemical in the soap may lead to peeling as a local skin reaction after the death of superficial cells of the skin which are known as keratinocytes.

I advise you to wear loose underwear to allow the aeration of genital parts.

Avoid friction and stop masturbation for some time to allow the skin to regenerate.

If the problem persists consult a dermatologist for the examination and treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.