Sore, painful throat, long sleep. History of swollen gland under ear and jaw, now disappeared. Reason?

Hi, I had a swollen gland underneath me ear and jaw about 4 days ago it has since disappeared but left me with a sore throat starting yesterday. Today I slept the whole day away. This is not like me I haven't been sick in over 2 and a half maybe 3 years. The pain is not unbarable although it did wake me up earlier this morning and has since gotten less painful after my mega nap. What could this be?
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013