Sore on clitoral hood, scab formation, pain, due to moisture from sanitary napkin. Treatment?

I have a sore, which is raw, on my clitoral hood. I put Proctozone-HC 2.5% ( Hydrocortisone Cream USP 2.5%) on the area. It has been a week. I m experiencing pain after a week. I thought that the cream would dry out the sore. The sore is still there. It will dry and stick like it s trying to form a scrab. I even tried to not wear underwear to let this heal. Still in pain. Any suggestions? I think when I was on my period the moisture from the pad casue this to happen. I changed pads frequently.
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012
I understand your concern.From the history i feel that you are having mild infection near the clitoral hood.
Like in penis the skin of clitoris can be retracted pertly and impeded secretions can be removed if possible.That could be the reason for your pain.
I suggest you to try cleaning with any antiseptic like betadine solution and apply an anti microbial ointment than hydrocortisone,..
If no relief may need to take antimicrobial tablets after getting a gynaec check up.
Hope my answer helps you.regards