Sore nipples due to breastfeeding. Using nip care cream. How to remove it easily?

Hi I delivered a boy 7 days ago and have been feeding the baby with my milk. I have developed sore nipples in the process and have been advised by my gynaecologist to use nip care cream. I see that the cream is very thick and tough to wash off. I would like to know about the cleaning process before feeding the baby. How do I take the cream off the nipple before feeding? Is it ok if the baby consumes little of the cream while suckling? Please advice.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013