Sore neck muscles, severe headache, joint pain, foul taste in mouth, dark phlegm. Possible causes?

A super bug virus of some sort has been rapidly traveling round my area, it infects other rather quickly. My daughter caught it from school & passed to the entire family. I was so careful not to eat or drink after anyone, disinfected properly, wore gloves, the whole nine yards. So i wake up 2 day ago & the muscles in my neck & my head was hurting so bad when I move to fast it hurt or even coughed a little it hurt. I feel pain in my joints as well, my toes and my knees, & shoulders. Well this morning I woke up with the most fowl smell & taste in my mouth, the smell I think is coming from my lungs, & phlegm is getting in my nose causing me to have to blow my nose and cough. This phlegm id very dark green, almost a tannish color & No matter how much I try to clear this smell & taste I cannot seem to get rid of it. Now I have had more than a few outbreaks of bronchitis , usually around season change & I know what to expect with that- usually yellow green, tightness in chest , all that- this is not that! This is nothing like that at all. This is far worse than that ever was, I have ever ever had such a fowl smell & taste before I am serious.y concerned if I should be in the ER. Please, if anyone could please help me out with what this might be & what I should do about it, I would greatly appreciate it. God bless!
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  68 Awaiting Answer