Sore muscles, head aches. Staffs coughing, whooping cough. Delayed sickness?

Hi there, I have been sick over the last 5 days with the worst of it being sore muscles, head aches, coughing and congested. I am now on the mend thankfully. My question is, some of the staff where I work have had whooping cough. I went on leave a week and a half before I got sick! Could I have been carrying the sickness for a week and a half with no symptoms? I admit that when I went on leave I was going to watch my Son graduate from Navy training which was an eventful 4 days then when we got home, I went on a course for 3 days then 2 days later we had to take our son to the airport to fly back to the Navy, the next day was when I got sick! Is there such a thing as delayed sickness due to all the events happening at the time?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013