Sore knuckles in one hand, shoulder pain with urge to pop, arm gets stuck after moving in a particular way. Cause?

I have sore knuckles in my right hand , mainly middle finger knuckle. I find myself waking at night with my hand curled up and I am reminding myself throughout the day to stretch my fingers to help. I thought it was due to holding a leash while walking my dogs and horses, but after reasing things online I wonder if I have other issues. I also have had shoulder pain, almost like they need to pop, but can t. When moving my arm in certain ways it almost gets stuck and can be pretty painful.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think it can be two different issues. It looks to me that you can have trigger finger in hand and that can cause sore knuckles. Also if there is pain in shoulder with movement restricted i would suggest you to get MRI scan of the shoulder to see if there is loose body inside the joint or any pinch nerve.