Sore jaw and neck, major enlarged lymph nodes in neck. History of chemo for cll cancer. Signs of cancer recurrence?

my husband has had cll/sll cancer 4 and a half years now. He took chemo a year and a half ago. so in total its been 12 months since his last chemo. My husbands Jaw and neck is so sore and he has major enlarged lymph nodes in neck. Our family doctor has ordered a head xray . could it be a sign his cancer is coming back.Is it not true that a person doesn t know how many lymphocytes are pooling up in the lymph nodes, that his blood work could show normal but its getting worse without knowing it. His bone marrow has 30 to 40% involvement in the cancer. also he has enlarged spleen to.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013