Sore itchy bottom for 5 yr old, suffers from thread worm, has stomach cramps. Causes ?

My 5 year old son has suffered with treadworm on and off since being at pre-school. Each time he has been treated with ovex without a problem. Last week he complained of a sore itchy bottom and sure enough I discovered threadworm again! I gave him and everyone except our 1year old a dose of ovex. My husband and I had stomach cramps for a couple of days. Our 5 year old has been in tears for about three days complaining his tummy hurts. Is it the ovex or more likely caused by something else?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012