Sore, itchy area at the base of the scrotum, tried antibiotic creams, no relief, small white patches at the hair follicles. What could this be?

I have a sore area that burns and is itchy at the base of my scrotum . I have used over-the-counter antibiotic cream and I used 1% clotriderm+1% ectosone nixed compound twice a day for 3 weeks. I also used chlorfonozole (1 tablet) and nothing seems to work although the itch and burning sensation seemed to reduce for about four hours after each application of cream. It can really burn and sting when things get going, to the point of total distraction. Early on there seemed to be small white patches and often they seemed to be at hair follicles although not always so. These seem to have gone away.
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012