Sore hard lump under the muscles near belly button. Concerned about its effect on health?

About midway between my sternum and my belly button, under the fat and muscles, there is a hard lump that is very sore when I press on that area. I know, stop pressing! but it is concerning to me. I have a hiatal hernia and really severe acid reflux disease . There is a history of vascular weakness in my maternal family and strokes on the paternal side. Anything in particular that this lump should cause me to be concerned?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012