Sore hand, vein swelling, lumps, feel pressure. Suggestions

My 14 year old daughter was doing some gymnastics 3 days ago and came in with a sore hand. She said the vein on her R. hand was swelling. I told her she probably broke a blood vessel. The next day it was still sore so we used a warm compress. She feels like she has to keep it upright or else when it is down to her side, it feels like the blood is rushing to that area and she feel pressure, it lumps up again and is very uncomfortable. Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
4 basic things in injury-RICE
I-ice, not hot water.
E-elevation.hand above elbow while standing and above chest while lying down.
If unresolved contact a doctor for X ray