Sore gums causing headache and discomfort on eating, low appetite. Taken warm water gargles, applied aspirin on gums. Will it subside?

Hello Dr. Chakraborty How are you? On Monday, my gums on the upper left side started to feel sore. It felt worse on Tuesday, causing headache and discomfort when eating, so much so that I could only eat soft foods but I didn t have much of an appetite . I called to make an appointment with my dentist but nothing was available until this saturday which is tomorrow. In the meantime, I gargled with warm salt water several times, and put an aspirin on the gums, allowing it to dissolve which helped temporarily but was still bothering me later and the next day. I tried to take a picture of the inside of my mouth to see if there was any signs of cavities starting but nothing was there. It s not bothering me as much anymore but the gums still feel a little sore only if i touch it. Should I still go to my dentist or should I cancel the appointment since it dosen t hurt anymore? Thanks, Cathrine
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012