Sore dry throat, difficulty swallowing, swelling in throat, hoarse voice. Cure for symptoms?

During the night i woke with what I thought was a sore dry throat . I took a sip of water, but felt I couldn t swallow well. Panic set in, I became pale and clamey, and asked my partner to get help. It felt like my throat was swelling up, my voice hoarse. He helped me calm down but for the rest of the night I sat up, as that seemed to help. This morning although tired I feel ok, i,m aware of my throat, but cant swallow without it feeling lodged. please help!
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013