Sore cervical and inguinal lymph nodes and ache in legs. Complications of strep?

My eight year old daughter woke up five days age complaining of sore cervical and inguinal lymph nodes and achiness in her legs. Within 3 hours her fever went from 98.6 to 102.9, and her throat began to hurt. I took her to the pediatrician right away, and her rapid strep test was immediately positive. Omnicef was prescribed, along with tylenol/motrin to reduce pain and fever. She has a long history of strep throat infection, and had tonsils/ adenoids removed almost four years ago. She has had strep throat a few times since the surgery, and antibiotic therapy was effective w/in 24-48 hours to reduce painful throat and fever. This this time her condition is not improving, and is accompanied by a dry cough which seems to be worsening. She also has a painful bump on the roof of her mouth. I am using the tylenol/motrin therapy according to schedule, and giving her the prescribed Omnicef daily. She has had four days of antibiotics now, and the fever is not subsiding. As soon as the meds wear off , her fever spikes back up to 102-103 and the throat pain returns. Could this be a complication of strep that requires further medical attention? I was also wondering if it is possible for a child with a history of strep to be a carrier of the bacteria (always testing positive on rapid strep test)? Thank you for any adivice or suggestions-
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012