Sore breasts, pain on touching, reddish inverted nipples. Concerned

Hi, this is the 2nd time I have experienced extremely bad soreness in my right breast. It occurs underneath my nipple area and surround, it is very hard and hurts if touched. My veins in my breast also stand out. Went to the DR last time with it and was told not to worry but it has occurred again. It lasts for about 4 weeks. My breast/nipple area sometimes looks red and feels hot to touch like an infection. My nipple was inverted this time. There has been no nipple discharge. It does not coincide with my periods.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013