Sore between toes. Showing no sign of healing. Solution?

Between my baby toe and the next, I have an open straight-line shaped sore. Looks like a knife cut. I ve had it before but much smaller. It seemed to appear like once a year, but, this time it is way longer, deeper and wider and is freakin me our. It has been there for a few days but show no sign of healing . What is it?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Pulmonologist 's  Response

Our toes are subjected to a great amount of trauma (weight bearing, running, jumping)every day. You have a focus of infected ulceration between the fourth and fifth toes. Doctors refer to it as an ‘intertrigo‘. Bacteria, fungi or viruses can cause this.

Anybody who develops such sore must get their blood sugar status checked. These sores are much more common if your blood sugars are elevated.

Try cleaning your feet after your work, in lukewarm water. Do not add any strong antiseptics. Simple cleaning, followed by thorough drying is good for recovery. With the help of your doctor, take an early morning sample from the ulcer for microbial culture. When you identify the offending microbe, your doctor can help you with an appropriate prescription.

Please do not get freaked out, as you are sure to control your skin crack. Thanks a ton for using