Sore around the cuticle of the index finger, swelling, green colour, spreading. What could this be?

yesterday I noticed a sore around the cuticle of my index finger was discolored and that my finger was swelling . This morning the swelling seemed to have gone down so I thought hey what ever it was I have beaten it already now the sore is green and feels like it is spreading and the swelling is coming back. so...I am hoping this is nothing to worry about but green is not a good color
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Hi there,

I would advise you to visit the physician immediately. Green colour could mean 2 things ,either a bruise or a sign of decreased blood supply to the area.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan