Sore armpits and breasts, cramps in the abdomen, brownish vaginal discharge. When can I take the pregnancy test?

Hello, My cycles are always 28-29 days long right now am on cycle day 33. I have had some soreness on my armpits and that side of my breasts. I have had very light cramps/twinges in my abdomen . This morning I had a little dab of brown blood on my tissue . I took a hpt and it came up negative. We have been trying to conceive. I am just wondering if it is maybe too early to tell on a hpt? Could I still be pregnant? I have never been this late before except when I stopped taking my BC 2 years ago. My first two periods were a little off but ever since it s been like clockwork.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013