Sore and swollen nail cuticle, yellow pus, itchy. Skin peeling. Help

my thumb nail is weird. first of all i cut off the base cuticle with a nail cutter then the cuticle in the corner got sore and swelled up which became painful to press. Afterwards it went down but the whole skin never re created a cuticle attachment again which was weird again. the nail of the corner right (same ) side detached by like millimeters and looks like the growing tip of my nail end. then further at the top of my nail it became yellow and pus-filled at below the nail which i popped. then the surrounding nail skin became dry and started peeling- gross! then the corner right side that was swelled became pus filled and i popped it it was so itchy. since then the nail has detached itself some more and now ther eis aohle from that corner underneath my nail and the surrounding skin is peeling help? plus i suck my thumb at 18 which i know i should stop but i cant!
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012