Sore and swollen hand after fall. X-ray showed hairline fracture. What is normally done?

My daughter fell on her left hand while rollerskating. Iced it and it was sore for the day. Next day it still was sore and seemed a little swollen. Took her to convenient care clinic where they did s Xrays. Physician said the crags didn t show any breaks but to call the next day after the radiologist had a look. They put a splint on hand and wrist then wrapped in ace bandage . I called today to check what radiologist saw and they said there was a hairline fracture in pinky finger which doesn t seem to be bothering her at all. We were told to follow up with orthopedic doc. What do they normally do? Splint the finger? Cast? Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012