Sore and swollen ankle, swelling has subsided, painful. What can be done?

I twisted my ankle a week ago was sore and swolen, I iced it and put it up. The swelling has gone down however due to the fact that my job requires I am up and down and walk alot it swells after a shift. The swelling goes down after rest, it is still tender to the touch but not as painful as the day it was injured. What worries me now is that when I press on the swolen area the indent stays for quite a while, maybe takes about 3 minutes to form again. I am able to walk on the ankle without pain, or issues.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello ,
Thanks for writing to us and happy new year.
From description it seems soft tissue injury or ligament injury.If proper immobilisation is not given at the time of injury, healing of tissue or ligament might get hampered.
I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get the X-ray/MRI of the area affected under his/her guidance.
Wishing you good health...