Sore and sensitive tongue, swollen taste buds, painful to eat and talk, had a thrush before. Treatment?

For the last 4 days I ve expierienced a sore and very sensitive tongue. It seems to be getting worse and does not seem to go away. The taste buds are a bit swollen on tip of it but otherwise there are no other changes that I could see. Just a few days before it started I had a thrush , not sure if these two could be connected. It's getting really uncomfortable and painful to eat and talk. Please help
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013