Sore and inflamed throat, antibiotics, clindamycin, tried GERD diet, didn't work. Suggestion ?

Hello, Since about March of last year I have had a very sore and inflamed throat . I went to the doctor in June and he prescribed antibiotics but they did not work. I then went to an ENT and he gave me clindamycin which did not work, so I went back and he used a nasal scope and told me I have GERD . So I have tried a GERD diet and elevated my bed, but my throat still hurts. This December I went back to my general doctor and he said he did not think it was acid reflux , but he still prescribed me antacids. Is there any advice you could give me? Much appreciated.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012