Sonography shows bulky uterus and follicles. Is it due to PCOD? Missed periods

Hi Dr, My sonographical report is showing that uterus is anteverted, right ovary measures 3.0X2.5X2.3 cm(Vol: approx 9.6ccs) and left ovary measures 2.7X2.4X2.8cm(Vol: approx 9.9ccs). Both ovaries are buly and reveal multiple small follicles arranged along the periphery with thick echogenic stroma . The Dr who conducted sonography was telling me that it may be due to PCOD . I am worried since then and want to know that is this just because of PCOD or there may be some other underlying cause, because I missed my periods for 2 months now. This happened 10 months ago too and then my Dr prescribed Deviry 10mg 2 times 3 days, and taking hormonal pills cured it.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012