Sometimes I feel one big thump

heart thumping im only 15 but sometimes i feel one big thump then its gone fer awhile ? is this something serious i just had a full psychial and nothing was wrong i just wanna know if its normal the heart contractions my doc metioned that b4 when i told them i dident know if it was anything serious tho
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
It's normal for everyone's heart to 'skip' a beat.. and sometimes feel like it's fluttering... several things can make it worse such as caffeine and stress. There is a disorder called MVP (Mitral Valve Prolapse). I have this and it's usually harmless. You should tell your parents what is going on and let your doctor listen to your heart just to be on the safe said... unless he checked that specifically and didn't find anything. The chances of it being anything serious are slim, but you should always get it checked.