Something popped, burning feeling on lifting heavy object. Pain while sitting long. What has happened?

I was lifting this heavy object and something popped in my lower back and instint burning feeling and it hurt like...well u know.. I did this 3 weeks ago and I can bend over twist jump and I m ok not in real bad pain but if I sit in a car or begin my desk for any periods of time or lay down for bed good lord my back hurts so so bad. I can feel a pain all the way down to my toes and if I sit somewhere long enough it seems to travel up my spine . What the heck do you think I did??
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013