Something my heart does when I breath.It gets stuck?

I have no idea if this is a serious condition or if it s reversible, but it s something that has been happening to me since, probably 14. I m 18 goig 19 this year. Anyway, from time to time when I breathe in, there s something in my heart that seems to get stuck. At least it is in the place where my heart is. It s like I can t breathe in totally, because it starts hurting after a reach a point in the streching (of the lungs?) I could go all the way, but it feels like it s going to rip something, and it isn t pleasant when I do it by accident, as in an unpreoccupied yawn. It s a sting. It s like something, which to me feels like the heart, gets stuck on an upper rib or SOMETHING, but I can t breathe totally, as you do when yawning. I can breathe out all the air and then slowly take it in, and some times it goes away, sometimes it s still there. And I find myself having to breathe in small intakes for a while. Does someone know what this is?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
I suspect Precordial Catch Syndrome, aka Texidor's Twinge, a very common complaint of benign chest pain in children and young adults. Generally, if you can control or moderate the symptom with chest wall movement, its not your heart. PCS is a suspected pinching of a nerve in the chest wall that is aggravated with chest wall motion; such that when you take a deep breath, it makes it feel much worse. Usually resolves on its own in anything from several minutes to over an hour or two. There is no "cure" per se, but as it is usually self resolving and benign, its really nothing to worry about. See your doctor, and ask him / her to consider this in their diagnosis. I wish you well. Ralph