Some roots and pieces left while pulling teeth, might suffer from bone infections. Can the doctor be held responsible ?

Dentist pulled 28 teeth left some roots and pieces of broken teeth in there sewed it up gave me dentures and sent me home .. I became bad bad infected he looked said don't no gave me a prescription sent me home I went back a day or 2 later he looked and sent me to a really good friend of his that is a oral surgeon looked at me n put me in hospital I was there almost a week they lanced infection spots and then sent me home . Go back to surgeon he cuts the inside of my jaw to get more infection out and sees that the infection is comin from my gums that's already healed he recuts it open to find pieces of broken teeth .. He removes the pieces and sewn it back up.. Still have complications and the oral sergeon thinks that I have a bone infection now but says it cost too much to do the test .. I'm wondering if the original dentist should be responsible for these bills so I can be treated properly .
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013