Solution for Aplastic Anemia

Hi, Can anyone give me the solution for Aplastic Anemia ? my 4 years' old daughter suffering from Aplastic anemia since April 2010. Regards, Vinod
Asked On : Sat, 30 Oct 2010

Dear Vinod:
There are different modalities. The treatments depend on severity of the problem. If it is less severe the immune-modulator medications-Antithymocyte globulin (ATG), cyclosporin (CSA), and cyclophosphamide are useful. She requires intermittent blood transfusions.

If it is more severe, she needs Bone Marrow transplantation (BMT) from appropriate donor which is the definitive treatment. She needs conditioning before transplantation with ATG/cyclophosphomide so that the graft (BMT) will not be rejected.
You can refer to the article in This is the URL of article:

Dr. Jagdish