Softer, smaller, stringy stools like moss. Have IBS. History of fractures at t12, l1. No help from diet changes, stopping alcohol. Help

I was in a motorcycle accident a year ago. I had major injury to my back(compression fractures at t12 and l1) I turned 21 a few weeks after so naturally when I was off my pain meds a few months later a was able to drink legally. I wouldn't say in a heavy dinner. maybe 2-4 a night tops when I do drink which is usually 3-4 nights a week. anyways... since the accident my bowel movements have been odd. the color is correct and I have them a couple times a day. however, they are much softer and smaller, like long green beens usually. when they are bigger they are often stringy. I know it's not worms. the stringyness is the same color as the rest of the stool. it almost looks like moss that grows under water. I have not had a normal bowel movement since the accident. since I started drinking I contributed it to the alcohol so I quit drinking for a while and it still didn't go back to normal. I'm very worried. any suggestions? I've changed my diets and taken supplements but it hasn't helped. I also have irritable bowel syndrome but that's nothing new, I've had that for years so I wouldn't think that would have much ti do with it.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013