Soft swelling on elbow. Dr said bursitis and drained it, fluid looked like blood. IS it bursitis ?

I had a huge, soft swelling on my elbow . I went to the doctor and saw a PA. He said that it was bursitis and drained it. The fluid that came out looked like blood . The PA said that was not what it normally looked like, but continued to treat me for bursitis. That was a week ago. Now, my elbow is swollen again. Before it swelled up the first time, the very tip of my elbow was bruised looking for quite awhile. I have not had any pain in my elbow during this whole process.
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012