Snot looking residue on toilet paper on anal wiping. bloating, taking antibiotics. Reason?

Hi I had taken a pee earlier tonight and my anal felt damp I wiped it and had a snot looking residue on the toilet paper. That happened twice. I then just recently had another bowel movement this time I the snot was more brown and I had a small rabbitt terd on the paper. I am also on antibiotics and am very worried. This has never happened before. I am also bloated and have been being treated for multiple UTI s over the last 2 years.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post it seems that your symptoms can be due to antibiotic induced loose motion.

Antibiotics usually disturb the normal bacterial flora present in small intestine resulting in loose motion. These useful bacteria help in the process of digestion and absorption.

I would advise that you should take a probiotic daily for relief from your symptoms.

if your symptoms persists, get yourself clinically examined and investigated by your doctor.

I hope this is helpful to you.