Snapped a ligament in ankle. Will my bones be healed?

Hi I broke my left leg, foot & ankle 5 weeks ago.Also snapped a ligament in the ankle.Tomorrow I go back the hospital to see if Im ready for a boot.Will my bones be healed after 5 weeks.Was in surgary for 7 hours have a 6 inch metal plate in my leg plus several screws in my leg ankle and foot.Is 5 weeks not too soon to be put in a boot and weightbare?I also fly abroad september 9th is my leg safe in a boot flying?
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It is difficult to comment on weigh bearing without seeing x ray. If fixation is good and bone pieces are large then partial weight bearing can be started after 6 weeks. If you are not sure you can send x ray to me. I will try to offer you a better advice.