Smooth, tender lump on adam's apple, facial hair turned purple, dull pain. What could it be?

Hello, I ve had a smooth, tender, oval-shaped bump/lump on the upper left side of my adam s apple for a few months. It became more noticeable and significantly larger after I had bronchitis a few months ago. Facial hair typically grows beneath this area of my skin and it has occasionally turned purple-ish in color. When I grab it, it s about the size of a grape. It s not mobile, but there is a dull pain if I squeeze or push into it. What could it be?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013