Smoking, tightness in the chest, lessens while standing or moving. What could this be?

i was smoking about 5 months ago and out of no where i got the really strange tightness on the left side of my chest . It freaked me out so much and led to a panic attack. After that i stopped smoking for a few months. but during those few months i could get sharp pains in the left side of my chest. i went to our family doctor and he did an ekg and said that my heart was fine and that i had probably pulled a muscle. the pains still havent gone away for months now and i tried to smoke again about a week ago and i got that strange tightness again. it feels different this time because the last time it was gone when i woke up in the monring but this tightness has stayed about a week now and it switches the side of my chest it is on depending on which side im laying on. it lessens when i stand or move around. not sure wht to make of this btu very scared for my health. i am 20 yr old male and i have been smoking cigs for about 3 years and weed for about 4
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012