Smoking marijuana. Incredible headaches after smoking. What is causing them? How to stop headaches?

Hi, I m a 20-year-old female looking for some answers regarding marijuana and headaches . I ve been a casual smoker for about 5 years with very little use in the past couple of years until recently. I started smoking more regularly again because a little bit before bed helps me sleep. My doctor is aware that I smoke though I forgot to ask her about the headaches (which only started in the last couple of months) last time I saw her. It seems now that almost every time I smoke I get incredible headaches that last for hours, starting around the time my high starts to come down. I ve done everything I can to prevent them and treat them (food, lying down, fresh air, Advil/ Tylenol beforehand, lots of water, massage, reducing the amount i smoke overall as well as the amount I inhale each time) but nothing works . Do you know what could be causing the headaches and what could prevent/treat them? And yes, I m aware that quitting is the obvious answer. If that s the answer I was looking for I wouldn t be asking. Smoking really does help me sleep and calms my occasional anxiety so I m hoping I can find a way to stop the headaches without quitting. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012