Smoking in 6th month of pregnancy

Is it too late to stop smoking in 6th month of pregancy. i ve been smoking pack a day.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Apr 2011
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Yes its bit late but better late than never. It would be ideal if you stop smoking now. It affects your fetus adversely. May lead to to prematurity, low birth weight, pre term labor, still birth ,birth defects, antepartum hemorrhage etc. Take care.
OBGYN Dr. Nilima Ghosh Hajra's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
it is never too late to quit smoking even you are not pregnant
and in pregnancy it is always good to quit as soon as possible
sooner the better
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Saket Gaurav's  Response
As Dr. Abhishek said "better late than never". Even you know the ill effects of smoking. You can surely do this if you really want to. Try "NICORETTE GUM". Its a stop smoking gum, which really helps.