Smoking addiction, weird sensation in upper lip and nose, numbness around gums, teeth, on anti-anxiety medicines. Any suggestions?

I am a white 39yr old male, 260 lbs @ 5 -10 . I have a history of blood sugar issues which are currently in normal limits without medication. My left leg is also numb from an (assumed) L5 S1 compaction from over 10 years ago. I have Hydroxizine Hydrochloride for occasional anxiety in low doses. I smoke about 1/2 a pack of cigarettes a day. I do not drink or do other drugs. About a month ago my upper lip and nose started to feel weird . This has progressed very slowly to become partial loss of sensation/numbness and a puffy sensation with a slight loss of motor control but no visual change to the area. The numbness includes my gums surrounding my upper 4 teeth which have never needed any dental work. There is no history of ALS in my family. My doctor is stumped but continuing to do research. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012