Smoking addiction, soreness in throat on pressing glands below neck, pulling sensation on stretching the neck, curved back

The left side of my neck, where my glans are, just under my jaw is soar, when I press on it, it feels as if I can feel it in my throat aswell and my left ear is slightly achey, when I stretch my neck to the right, I feel a pulling sensation. I ve never had this before so I am worried. I smoke around 8 fags a day. Also I have abit of a bad back from having bad posture . Itis abit curved at the top.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

It appears you are suffering from some kind of infection, which is making your lymph glands swollen and tender. However, this may also occur due to more serious causes like cancer. So please see a doctor and get yourself check up. Also whatever the cause may be, smoking will only worsen it. Consider quitting or at least cut down on smoking.

Best wishes.