Smoking addiction, have periodic breathing problems, phlegm with brown specs, heaviness in lungs, irritation in bronchial tube with tightness, bad acid reflux. Will smoking cessation solve the problem?

Ok a month and a half ago i got over a upper respitory infection and i was a smoker for 10 years but i quit 2 weeks ago because i can t handle not breathing .On and off i will have breathing problems.For a few days i would be fine then out of no where i get to coughing up clear and white mucus with little yellow brownish specs in it.And i get choked down and feels like something is in my throat and my lungs feel heavy.This will last about a day or two then i will go back to normal.This last time it took almost 2 weeks before this condition happened again.Im not sure if it is asthma.But when i was a kid i was diagnosed with bronchial asthma and i have had bronchitus before.I just never had this happen to me like this on and off.Im not sure if can come on and off like this for a month and a half.Also i can feel the irritation in my right brochial tube the left one feels fine its just been my right one i can feel it tighten up sometimes.But i tell you what my right bronchial tube feels like its in bad shape and has for a long time. And it panics me.I also have bad acid reflux most of the time and i will wake up with acid in my throat.I m only 26 years old and im a male.I wouldnt think i could have these problems at such a young age.I know it s best to see a doctor in person but what do you think this sounds like?And since i quit smoking will all this go away in time?I also have been using dipping tobacco if was told it helps break up crud out of the lungs.My throat has also been real dry and red looking for a long time.It s worse when i first wake up it feels real dry.And i drink a lot of water.Sorry about my spelling.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012