Smoking addiction, granular pharyngitis, could feel and touch the granules in throat. Throat cancer?

Hi my name is shreyas I have been a smoker for 8 years . I occasionally get heart burns and sincw past one year I am havin this granular sensation in my throat . I was told I have granular pharynigits . Now all of a sudden yesterday I felt like a small granule in tge back of my throat I passed my finge and I could feel it. Once I touhed it . I could feel it even more. Next day when I get up I dont feel it anymore. Could it be cancer of the throat. Please suggest what I should do.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012